Football season is here! For those of you who don’t already know, our ohana is a huge fan of football. We love cheering for our favorite teams and enjoying some delicious (Ono) food together. Here are some Game Day sliders that are easy to make, delicious, and great for a crowd. But there’s a secret ingredient that’ll give your game day dish a little spice and kick: Salty Wahine’s award-winning Hot Lava salt! Don’t miss out on all the flavor and fun. You can order our Hot Lava Hawaiian Sea Salt here. We’d also love to see you recreate our recipe! Share a photo on Facebook or Instagram and tag us at @SaltyWahine!
- 12 rolls of Kings Hawaiian Bread (1 package)
- Ground beef (1lb.)
- 1 tsp. Hot Lava — Salty Wahine Gourmet Hawaiian Sea Salts
- 1 medium-sized onion (caramelized)
- Your choice of melty cheese (American, Swiss, Pepperjack, etc.)
Hot Lava Butter Topping
- 1 tsp. Salty Wahine Gourmet Hawaiian Sea Salts — Hot Lava
- 2 tbs. Unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Remove package of King’s Hawaiian Bread rolls and using a bread knife, cut rolls in half, keeping all the buns intact. Creating a giant top and bottom bun.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, place the raw ground beef and flatten to approximately the size of the giant King’s Hawaiian Bread bun. (Ground beef will slightly shrink, so spreading it out a bit over the edges to fit the buns will fit nicely.)
- Season the ground beef with our Hot Lava Hawaiian Sea Salt and bake for 15-17 minutes (or until juices run clear)
- To make the Hot Lava Butter Topping, melt the butter and stir in the Hot Lava Hawaiian Sea Salt. Set aside.
- With a large spatula, place the cooked patty onto the bottom bun layer, add slices of the cheese of your choice and place the top bun layer on top of the cheese. Brush the top of the buns with the Hot Lava Butter Topping.
- Put assembled sliders back into the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving!
**You can add any toppings of your choice into the sliders to make it your own!**